Happy Hearts Day Friends!..
Hope your having a sweet day with your special one, friends and family! This is not just a day for lovers but all the people you love, so if you are single like me, open your windows, welcome the sunlight, dress up, put a nice make up on and hang out with your love ones! 🙂 You can even spend it at home with your family and enjoy the Hearts Day with them! 🙂
Have a lil advise for single people like me 🙂 *whispers* There is a reason for this season fellow singles! 🙂
1. DON’T BE BITTER OR SAD. Hey gurl! You are wonderfully made by our Lord, so why waste your time being bitter about someone and ruining your entire life just because you got hurt by a guy long time ago? Arent you happy that God freed you from a wrong one? I know, i know! Youré telling me that I wont understand you because I have never wore your shoe. Free yourself from any hatred to welcome a new love. Surrender everything to God and let Him be incharge of this aspect. Do you know that every heartbreak is a blessing? I wanna quote a song from Rascal Flatts entitled God bless the Broken Road.
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Let us thank those people who hurt us and pray for them as well, because that heartache will lead us to our eternal happiness.
2. ENJOY THE PROCESS OF WAITING AND BE PATIENT. I know once in our life we told our self this phrase and end up being the opposite. Hehe! Ofcourse we do! But friends, we should exercise this for real, not only it will save us from numerous heartbreaks from the wrong one but it will also prepare us PROPERLY when the right one comes. OH! it sound so right! 🙂 There maybe lots of peer pressure around you since all your friends have boyfriends but people have different seasons in life and this season is yours to enjoy! FOCUS ON GOD during waiting season, this is the perfect time to do what God has told you to do and pray intently for the right person.
3. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GODLY SINGLE FRIENDS. Sure it isn’t an easy journey for us but God said He will make it fruitful and enjoyable in every way. *Sigh* It is always great to have some people walking with us side by side, greater if they are in the same season! When we tend to fall apart and stray away from the will of God in our life Godly friends will be a reminder for us to stay in the path of righteousness. Sharing each other testimony inspires us as well to wait patiently for the right one. Like the Bible says,”encourage one another daily and build each other up”. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
4. EXPLORE AND BE ADVENTUROUS. Being single is such a wonderful season for exploring the world, travelling and being adventurous. Think of something you’ve been wanting to do, something in your bucketlist, maybe trekking, rappelling, climbing a mountain, going out of country for vacation, treating yourself in a luxury spa, etc. Enjoy every inch being single specially with friends and family.
5. BE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT. Dont think that just because you are single you have a passport to be not presentable besides we, singles need to be more beautiful! Try on decent and flattering dresses and simple make up. Just as how you keep your outer beauty dont neglect taking care of your inner beauty. You can go and help out on charity events and fund raising activities in the church, go on a Youth camping and singles retreat, volunteer in the church ministries and win friends!
6. TRUST GOD AND BE FAITHFUL. Have a hopeful heart that God will give the right person at the right time. Be still and trust God in everything including a significant half. God loves relationship and He wants us to have a wonderful one! *Giggles* Always pray God for wisdom, patience and a Christ-centered relationship.
Being single is not a sad season,infact, it is a great time for friendship and other non-romantic relationship. It is when God is honing and preparing you in your next chapter. It is the training ground for the next best wife and mother 🙂
So next time your friends tease you of being single, stand up, smile and say “I’m still in the process of training being the next best wife and mother!” Like a cliche, God is writing the best love story for you 🙂
Enjoy! God bless 🙂