Okay. Let me take you to the process of obtaining a NBI Clearance here in the Philippines. I know this is not something I would usually blog about but it may help some people. Who knows.
Disclaimer: I am not claiming that every NBI Clearance Center has the same procedure like what I experience but at least this is what I’ve been through.
I’ve read an article that since January of this year (2014), they re-opened the mall outlets to cater more people and reduce long queue in their main office which is located in UN Avenue in Manila.Having read that, I decided to go to the nearest mall from my residence, Robinson’s Place Manila.
To check the NBI Clearance Center nearest you, click this link.
Enough of the long intro. Here’s the step by step procedure I went through to make NBI Clearance process a breeze. I mean,less stressful.
1. Enroll Online. Go to NBI’s official website (click here) and fill out all the needed information.
2. Print Application Form. Secure a printed copy of the online application form to be presented to any NBI Clearance Center.
3. Go to any NBI Clearance Center. Proceed to your preferred center and secure a queue number (in Rob Manila, you can get it to the first guard near the stairs) then go to the waiting area. The guard-in-charge will then call your number and tell you where to be seated, then he will distribute application form (applicable only if you don’t have online application form). Tell him you do have an online form.
4. Be patient in waiting. The waiting game will now start. Bring out your phone, gadgets, books, etc that can help you ease the boredom of the waiting process. In my case, I waited about 30 minutes since the guard distributed the form.
TIP: Remind the guard that you have online application form because the you will no longer be lined up in the encoding section.
5. Skip Encoding Section. So here’s the part where you will thank yourself for enrolling online because you will skip the looooooong line of the Encoding Section and jump in to the Payment Section.
6. Payment Section. I suggest you bring the exact amount to avoid delays.
7. Photo Capture and Finger Printing. Such a breeze.
8. Record Checking. The staff will tell you if you can already get the clearance (no hit) or after a week (with hit).
9. Release. Yay! Congratulations! You have your NBI Clearance 🙂
– Don’t forget to include the QR code in your printed online application form.
– Bring at least two valid IDs.
– Bring exact amount for payment. You will know how much to pay when you select what type of NBI clearance you are applying.
– Dress appropriately complying the dress code required by some NBI Outlets.
– Bring light snack (bottled water and crackers) in case you got hungry and gadget, magazine or book to keep you busy while waiting.
– Don’t waste your time figuring out things yourself. The key is to ask someone who knows the process (guard or staff).
– Be attentive and listen carefully for instructions and announcement.
– Arrive early/ on time. In Rob Manila’s NBI Center, they are catering three schedule (I think!) first is 9am (people who came 7am onward are catered in the first schedule), 11am and 1pm.
Share and Comment!